Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Precious Moments

My sister decided to take the kids outside for some fun in the snow. I thought to myself, "Self, this is a good time to get your thoughts written down." I made it to the staircase and heard, "MOOOOOMMM, I can't find my other boot," yelled by the Hurricane. So, back to the mudroom I go to locate a boot. Then Mr. Mellow started fussing, so a few more minutes to settle him down and put him in the party dish (aka Exer-Saucer). Made it all the way up the stairs, and wait mmmm.. 4 or 5 hours for the computer to boot up, shut down (for fun, I assume) and re-boot. Next, I hear the Princess running through the house in her muddy and snowy boots. Fantastic. I don't have anything else to do but wash floors. Sister of mine gets the Princess back outside, and seconds later, I hear my sister yell up, "Can you pass me the Windex and some paper towels?!" What? You have GOT to be sh*tting me. Who cares about the outside of the windows at the beginning of spring? It's just going to rain. Now, I hear the Princess running through the house downstairs.

Unattended.

Giggling mischeviously.

Most likely wreaking havoc (what else is new? the house often looks like a bomb went off) and terrorizing her little brother.

I just wanted 15 minutes to talk to myself and maybe, FINALLY, pluck my eyebrow. It looks like two caterpillars fighting. Nevermind the loads of pre-vacation laundry. Or the packing. Or the double checking of The Vacation List. Looking less like a caveman is far more important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.