Saturday, October 24, 2009

Attics aren't the only things that need venting

Frankly, I'm feeling pissy. The thing that is between me and Hot Stuff is not yet resolved. I'm not going to go into specifics, suffice to say that it is pretty big and has resulted in me sleeping on the couch. For the last 5 days. I just wish that stubborn man would talk about this. Sometime in the last few days that I have been on the couch, the Princess has figured out how to open doors (and she's just turned two! baby genius!) and has been waking up in the middle of the night and coming into the living room. If I don't let her sleep with me on the couch, she freaks out and cries to wake the dead. If I try to put her back to bed, she carries on even louder; then just comes right back into the living room.

Last night was pretty brutal. I have no idea what time Princess came out of her room, only that it was the dead of night and instead of sleeping with me, she was getting into stuff. Trying to convince her to lay down on the couch with me was minimally successful at best. Nevertheless, I kept trying. All. Freaking. Night. I felt yucky this morning, with a sore throat and a headache. Hot Stuff got up at 8am and threw kibble out for the children while I went back to sleep on the couch. He woke me up at 830 to say he was going out to grab a coffee; he was gone for an hour and a half. He said he was out doing an errand, but really? An hour and a half? That shit makes me really mad. If you know you're going to be out for a while, why not just say that? Why lead me to believe that you'll be gone 10 minutes? The second he got home, I dragged my ass to bed this time to try and get a nap without the children yelling in my ear or climbing all over me. I slept from around 10am till 1pm.

I felt a bit better when I woke up, but I still have a bit of a sore throat and a headache. I don't have any other flu-like symptoms (knock wood), but even a sinus cold or strep throat would really suck.

I am not looking forward to another night on the couch. I just can't go back to bed until things get worked out. During the day, Hot Stuff and I are friendly with each other, and it's genuine. After the kids go to bed, I keep hoping we can talk, but no dice. Every time I bring it up, I am told that there is nothing to discuss. I hate the feeling of being dismissed. Just because he doesn't want to hear it doesn't mean I don't want and need to say it.

I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I think of something better to be doing.

6 comments:

  1. aaaagh! Is there anything that sucks more than a big philosophical elephant in the room, breathing all the air? NO?! I didn't think so! I'm so sorry- I know how stressful it is, and to top it off with the sleep thing...Can you get him into a car, start going 60 mph so he can't jump out, and tell him you aren't stopping until this thing is worked out?

    Usually I'm the one who clams up and refuses to talk about something- so I can understand his refusal, maybe he's just hoping it will go away. Thats what I do.

    Here's best wishes this thing between you gets resolved happily, that your sore throat is just fatigue,and that The Princess will pea out of her butt and sleep like a normal person.

    if you need to vent to a discreet 3rd party who can't do anything about anything- my email is rootietoot(at)gmail.youknowwhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wait...I did NOT just say 'that the princess will pea out of her butt' What I meant was "that the Princess will GET THE pea out of her butt."

    good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fucking hate fighting. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo. No good for the couch sleeping and elephant in the room. I know how much that sort of stuff sucks. I hope you can get it resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Really. I'm going to bed. But first.... remember last month when I too was on the couch for five nights or so? Did I blog about that? Maybe it was more of a stupid twitter thing. But GAH! I understand. The things that need to be said but won't be.

    Is this resolved? I hope you aren't still on the couch. It wouldn't be so bad if little princess girly thing didn't try to bump you off the couch even! Please tell me Hot Stuff is back to being hot.

    (and yes! I know i'm a dumbass and you posted this shit like 10 days ago. i know i'm late. i'm always late. the perpetually tardy. please forgive me. little fucking busy and swiney over here. sorry!)

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.