Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am no longer a shiftless, jobless, energy sucking drag on society. For this week anyway.

Today was my first day back to work. In honor of my first day, yesterday I went out and bought myself some new tank tops to wear under my scrub tops (honestly, they gape open and everyone can see right down your shirt) and a new pair of shoes. The shoes are not sexy. They are white and they have that "balance ball" technology - and NO, I did not pay $115 for them. But hot damn, are they ever comfortable.

Going back to work was like.. like I never even left. I slipped right back into it.

It was: awesome.  It was: fun.  It was: everything I hoped it would be, and then some.

My legs. They are sore.

I go back tomorrow and I'm booked for all next week. After that? Hopefully I will have myself a shiny new part-time rotation on a surgical unit. If the rotation doesn't work for me, I will get on the casual list and start picking up shifts. Either way, it feels really, really good to be Mom, Wife, and Nurse.

10 comments:

  1. You go girl! Glad you're so happy with the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog entry, found it on Foursons. When I'm driving home after work, music cranked, smokes in hand, thinking about what we'll have for dinner, I'm always smiling. I love my job. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being at home a wee bit more, but just having such a great job makes in big difference in life over-all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank goodness it was a smooth re-introduction. I'm so glad you were able to get right back on the horse. Hopefully it stays that way. KICK ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie! I know you've been missing it for some time and maybe it will help with things. It's good to have your own thing. :)

    You should invest in some KEEN shoes. All the nurses love them (my mother tells me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Hope things continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh. I went back and did a shift last weekend after several months. My legs & feet were killing me, I peed once, had lunch about 9 hours into the shift AND forgot my computer password & had no access all day. Yeah, I love being a nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this mean people in public are going to start asking you to diagnose them again?

    Because I have this weird {chunk} on my back....

    it's burny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ROCK. And, I hope never to need surgery again, but if I do, can I request you?

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.