Friday, June 26, 2009

As Heard on the Radio

Yes, Michael Jackson has passed away. I wasn't a fan, haven't been for many years (like everyone else in the free world, though, I loved Thriller - the album, the song, and the video), and think MJ was super creepy in his later years. Not "eccentric". Creepy. That is just my own opinion; having said that, he was still a father to three (four?) children and they are now without a father. That is the saddest part.

Farrah Fawcett also passed away yesterday. I was a bit young for Charlie's Angels but my sister, who is 4 years older than I, loved that show. I am dismayed to see that because Farrah Fawcett had the bad timing to pass away hours before Michael Jackson, her death and her life have been overshadowed in the media. I don't believe it is any small thing for a famous actress to fight her battle with cancer (anal cancer, even. Who knew there was such a thing? Not me, until Farrah Fawcett had it.) in the public eye.

Ok, but here's the point of this post: I was listening to the radio this morning, and here is the story that caught my attention. "A 75-year old woman from Small Town, Alberta was airlifted in serious but stable condition to Big City, Alberta after being pinned to a fence by a bull." What. The. Hell. At 75 years old, who the hell would go into the bull pen? At 75 years old, who lives through being pinned to a fence by a 2000 lb animal? I am fairly certain that even if the pressure of the bull pinning me to the fence didn't kill me, I would die from fright.

Just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.