Sunday, June 7, 2009

Foamy Bat vs. Face

As a mother of little children who figure life with their siblings is a Death Match and must turn everything into a weapon with which to bludgeon each other, I have had opportunity to visit my local Emergency Room a couple of times.

Invariably, one or more concerned souls looks at my small bundle of hot mess and says, "Oh, your little one has a boo-boo, poor dear." I wish I had the nerve to say something inspiring, other than, "Yeah."

Something like, "Actually, I'm having a herpes flare-up and I'm here to get a UV treatment and some more Valtrex."

Or, "The officer told me to wait here so I can be admitted to the Psych Ward. But I'm smarter than them, you'll see."

Or, "I tested positive for Tuberculosis, but don't worry, I don't think I'm contagious anymore. What day is it again?"

Results of Foamy Bat vs. Face:




Love hurts.

1 comment:

  1. ouch! and go on- say it, itll be so funny (for you, not them)

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.