Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Little People who don't stay little.

Today I took my son to his first day of Preschool. The "test drive," so to speak. I thought this was one of those things where parents are supposed to stay for the whole two hours, but it was optional. I asked my little Hurricane, "Honey, do you want me to stay with you or will you be okay if I leave?"

To which he replied, "Mom, I want you to go."

Apparently I did not leave fast enough for him, because thirty seconds later he said again, "Moooommmm, I want you to leave this place!!"

I was left with the strangest feeling when I walked out of the preschool; somewhere between sorrow and pride. Very proud that my child is independent enough not to need me to hold his hand, and sad that.. well, he is independent enough not to need me to hold his hand. Of course, in true little kid fashion, he brought my pride back to earth. When I picked him up, he said to me, "Mom, I took the band-aid off my finger." Me: "Where did you put it? In the garbage?" Him: "No, in the sandbox."

UGH!!! GROSS!!!!!! My apologies to all teachers who work in preschools where children have parents like me: I did not volunteer to go digging through the sandbox because I had my other two babies waiting in the truck. So I'm sorry. Also, touching used band-aids disgusts me. I don't get paid to do that sh*t, and unfortunately, you do.

So I just finished my first post-baby #3 Body for Life challenge. Honestly, I was just phoning it in this time. It wasn't until that last two or three weeks that I was actually making an effort. Needless to say, I lost a grand total of 6 lbs and 4 inches. It definitely is a lot harder to lose the baby weight this time. I am taking a week off before starting the next challenge, so I'm sure I will have put on the 6 lbs and 4" by next Saturday. Judging by the way I am chowing in the Toffee Bits Triangles, I will be lucky if it's only 6 lbs I have gained back.

I got a great Mother's Day present this year; my envelope from Plan Canada arrived and I got to find out about the girl I sponsored. She is 13, goes to secondary school (walks 45 minutes both ways), lives with her mom, dad, brothers and a sister in a small country (or kingdom, not sure which) called Benin. I got a little blurb about her family and her region, and a couple of pictures of her. She is beautiful! I can't wait to find out more about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know how immensely my writings have changed your life for the better. Remember, one can never be too effusive.